REGISTRATION, EVALUATIONS, UNIFORMS, & FEES
- 2020 Fall Registration for South Portland Strikers will open March 15th, 2020. Our registration fee this season will be $130 until July 15th.
- **FOR THE FALL 2020 SEASON, WE HAVE ADDED A DEFERRED PAYMENT OPTION. THIS CAN BE LOCATED ON THE SOCCER MAINE REGISTRATION PAGE. PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, BUT THE CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL AUGUST 1ST.**
- There will be no late registration. REGISTER ON TIME!
PLEASE REVIEW THE POLICIES BELOW
- All players will need to create a new account the first time they use the NEW Soccer Maine registrations. Soccer Maine has officially updated its registration system.
- While registering your player(s), please make sure all information is up to date, such as new email, cell phone or emergency information. Most communication from South Portland Strikers will be conducted via the email that you have listed on your player profile at the GotSoccer site, so please make sure your email address is correct.
- FALL ROSTERS will be announced the day after the last day of school. Generally, the configuration of teams depends on registration numbers, the availability of coaches, and what is in the best interest of each age group of players as a whole. Please note that where there is more than one team per age group, there is no guarantee that your child will be on the same team from year to year. *** Requests to “play up” an age group will be considered by the Strikers Board of Directors and will be granted only at the Board’s discretion. Once a play up request has been approved, that player would be allowed to play up automatically for all subsequent years.
- REFUNDS on registration fees will be granted until July 15th. There will be NO REFUNDS on registration fees after July 15th.
- **FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN IF THE SEASON IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC**
- EVALUATIONS FOR 2020 ARE CANCELLED DUE TO COVID 19
- In future seasons, Player Evaluations will be conducted for U12, U13, and U14 players ONLY. Evaluations are mandatory and will be held in late May/early June at Wainwright fields. Additional information will be provided upon registration.
FALL CLASSIC LEAGUE
- Strikers plays in the Fall Classic League administered by Soccer Maine, which is the governing body of youth soccer in the State of Maine. Information on Soccer Maine can be found at their website, www.soccermaine.com.
- The Fall season typically runs from August through early November for participation in Soccer Maine district and Challenge Cup events. There are 6 league games, most of which are scheduled on Sundays, with the first game typically on the last Sunday in August. In addition, coaches may schedule between 1- 5 exhibition/friendly matches. In addition, there are two (2) practices a week. There are two (2) tournaments: one over Columbus Day weekend and another tournament at the end of the season.
- Players are expected to make a full commitment to Strikers and their team. Conflicts between Strikers games and practices and participation with other sports or teams may result in loss of game playing time. It should be noted that this is a commitment and all players should understand their obligations. It is a team sport.
- Our coaches are volunteers!!!
- Still have questions about travel soccer? Please see our FAQ page or email us @ email@example.com. We look forward to answering any questions you may have or providing you with further information.
- Strikers uses an online ordering system hosted by Atlantic Sportswear. The webstore will be OPEN THROUGH JULY 3RD.
- ALL NEW STRIKERS PLAYERS MUST GO ONLINE AND ORDER THE 2 REQUIRED UNIFORM ITEMS: Striped uniform top (aka jersey) and team black shorts. Returning players need only purchase replacement items, out-grown items or optional items such as warm up jacket, soccer backpack, etc. All players must also purchase their own plain black soccer socks.
- RETURNING PLAYERS MAY USE THE SAME JERSEY AND JERSEY NUMBER AS LAST YEAR. HOWEVER, ALL PLAYERS WHO WISH TO USE A HAND-ME-DOWN JERSEY OR A JERSEY WITH A NUMBER THAT WAS NOT PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED TO THAT PLAYER, MUST GET AUTHORIZATION FROM THE CLUB. THIS WILL AVOID DUPLICATE NUMBERS ON A TEAM, WHICH IS PROHIBITED BY SOCCER MAINE.
- All uniforms will be shipped directly to your house by August 15th and therefore everyone will be charged a nominal shipping and handling fee. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON UNIFORMS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO ORDER ALL UNIFORM ITEMS THAT YOU NEED FOR THE FALL SEASON NOW. Please remember to size up as needed for your player since soccer season is still several months away.
- ***** THE STRIKERS SWAG STORE WILL BE OPEN THIS SUMMER. STAY TUNED. ******
Any child who is 7 years old by July 31, 2020 is eligible to play.
U9 - birthdates between 8/1/2011 and 7/31/2012 (can include some U8 players with birthdates between 8/1/2012 and 7/31/2013, but must be 51% or more U9 players)
U10 – birthdates between 8/1/2010 and 7/31/2011
U11 – birthdates between 8/1/2009 and 7/31/2010
U12 – birthdates between 8/1/2008 and 7/31/2009
U13 – birthdates between 8/1/2007 and 7/31/2008
U14 – birthdates between 8/1/2006 and 7/31/2007
*** Requests to “play up” an age group will be considered by the Strikers Board of Directors and will be granted only at the Board’s discretion. Once a play up request has been approved, that player would be allowed to play up automatically for all subsequent years.
Team participation in the Spring Pine Tree League is at the discretion of the coach and the availability of players. It is open to returning Strikers fall players only. Participation will require an additional fee.